Last week I was reflecting on the past year or so, remembering many examples of God’s protection, preservation, provision, grace, wisdom and healing, just to name a few. As I was doing this I was awestruck with His faithfulness! Great is Your faithfulness came out of my mouth. Since then I have been witnessing continued examples of His faithfulness. There are many but I will share one. A miracle!
My mom has had long standing kidney disease. Two weeks ago now her kidneys showed signs of deterioration. Specifically, the potassium level in her body was increasing which can be dangerous to the heart. Every few days the doctor was sending my mom for blood tests and despite a change in her diet, medication and prayer the potassium level continued to increase.
One week ago my mom received a call from her doctor instructing her to go immediately to the hospital as the potassium level the day prior was at a dangerous level. My mom called me to let me know this and of course I told her that I would take her to the hospital and stay with her while she checked in, received blood tests and waited for the doctor to give her the results and options regarding treatment.
The day prior to the phone call, I received a word from the Lord. He said, “Feed on My faithfulness.” I found the scripture that confirmed this word, Ps 37:3.
Trust in the Lord, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. (Ps 37:3 NKJV)
All week God had been preparing me for this. He had established in my heart His word regarding His faithfulness. As I was driving to pick my mom up I was declaring that He is faithful, that He is not limited by doubt, unbelief, circumstances or people. It came into my mind that God does things in a way that brings Him the most glory. In complete faith and trust in God I prayed declaring my mom to be healed and the potassium level to be normal in Jesus name and that this would be for the glory of God and for His names sake. There would be no other explanation for the potassium to be normal but that God did it. A miracle! In having complete trust and faith in God and His faithfulness came peace and joy in the Holy Spirit! No anxiety. No worry. No doubt. Praise the Lord!
I picked up my mom. We arrive at the hospital and in about 15 minutes she is in a bed in the emergency department. She has a very kind nurse come and do some blood tests and a test on her heart called an EKG. At that point I decided to go back to my parents’ home to let my dad know that mom was being well taken care of and then returned to the emergency department. A few minutes after my return the doctor comes to see my mom and says, “I have good news!” The potassium level was normal. Well within normal. It had decreased 15 points in less than 24 hours. It was a miracle! God did a miracle!
Out of my mouth in the middle of the emergency department comes, “Praise God”. “God is faithful.” “He did it mom.” “He did a miracle.”
So we thanked the doctor and all the nurses and staff and within 1 ½ hours my mom is home! Glory to God! I hear her telling my dad, “Wendy said it was a miracle and I believe her.” My mom kept saying that it was a miracle and God did it!
God healed my mom that day but even more important He showed Himself faithful to her and He changed her heart removing all doubt that He is faithful. He is a God of the impossible! He is a God who performs miracles!
Here are some scriptures to read and meditate on regarding God’s faithfulness. Faithfulness is part of God’s character. Nothing can compare to His faithfulness. It is unfailing, everlasting, established and infinite!
- He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it. (1 Thess 5:24 NKJV)
- Lord God of Heaven’s Armies! Where is there anyone as mighty as you, O Lord? You are entirely faithful. (Ps 89:8 NLT)
- Nevertheless My lovingkindness I will not utterly take from him, Nor allow My faithfulness to fail. (Ps 89:33 NKJV)
- Your faithfulness endures to all generations; You established the earth, and it abides. (Ps 119:90 NKJV)
- For I have said, “Mercy shall be built up forever; Your faithfulness You shall establish in the very heavens.” (Ps 89:2 NKJV)
- Your mercy, O Lord, is in the heavens; Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds. (Ps 36:5)
God’s faithfulness is shown in His counsel, His promises, the keeping of His covenant and in His forgiveness of our sins.
- Lord, You are my God. I will exalt You, I will praise Your name, For You have done wonderful things; Your counsels of old are faithfulness and truth. (Isa 25:1 NKJV)
- Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. (Heb 10:23 NKJV)
- Therefore know that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments; (Deut 7:9 NKJV)
- If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 Jn 1:9 NKJV)
Psalm 89:1-2 (NKJV) says, “I will sing of the mercies of the LORD forever; With my mouth will I make known Your faithfulness to all generations. For I have said, “Mercy shall be built up forever; Your faithfulness You shall establish in the very heavens.”
Psalm 92:1-2 (NKJV) says, “It is good to give thanks to the Lord, And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning, And Your faithfulness every night.”
We are instructed to speak out and make known God’s faithfulness! Let’s be obedient and intentional to notice how faithful God is and declare it to others!
I encourage you to listen to the hymn “Great is Thy Faithfulness”. It is filled with truth.
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches...” Rev 2:7