I am a Child of God!
As I continue to spend time with Jesus, He has put on my heart to share with you those things that I have been seeing, thinking about, writing about and praying about. I pray that as you read this blog, especially the scriptures, God will write His truths on your heart as He has mine!
As I look around at everything going on around us it is not hard to see that there is increasing darkness and evil. There is increasing hatred towards God. There is increasing hopelessness and despair. There is all the evidence of a world without Jesus. Sadly, there is increasing deception and falling away. There is evidence of 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12 and 2 Timothy 3:1-7 all around us. People have pleasure in unrighteousness more than love and belief in the truth. They are lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God.
At the same time, I see that God is moving in His church-the true church of Jesus Christ-His bride. He is refining her. He is causing her to stop at the crossroads and look around and, unlike the Israelites, to make a decision to walk in the ways of the Lord, fully committed to Him. He is causing His bride to answer the call to come away and be separate from the world and decide to serve Jesus. God is faithful to His Word-more darkness, more light! Glory to God!
- Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless. (Eph 5:25-27 NASB)
- This is what the Lord says: “Stop at the crossroads and look around. Ask for the old, godly way, and walk in it. Travel its path, and you will find rest for your souls. But you reply, ‘No, that’s not the road we want!’ (Jer 6:16 NLT)
- Therefore, come out from their midst and be separate,” says the Lord. “And do not touch what is unclean; And I will welcome you. (2 Co 6:17 NASB)
- “Now, therefore, fear the Lord and serve Him in sincerity and truth; and do away with the gods which your fathers served beyond the Euphrates River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. But if it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served, which were beyond the Euphrates River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” (Joshua 24:14-15 NASB)
More and more I know that I need Jesus! I must keep focused on Him. I need more discernment. I need to hear His voice. I must be watchful and pray, continuing to defend the truth. I must continue to use the gift God has given me and continue to call His church to holiness.
- You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You. (Isa 26:3 NKJV)
- looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Heb 12:2 NKJV)
- Therefore give to Your servant an understanding heart to judge Your people, that I may discern between good and evil. For who is able to judge this great people of Yours?” (1 Ki 3:9 NKJV)
- Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says: “Today, if you will hear His voice, (Heb 3:7 NKJV)
- Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. (1 Peter 5:8-9 NKJV)
- Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving; (Col 4:2 NKJV)
- holding fast the faithful word as he has been taught, that he may be able, by sound doctrine, both to exhort and convict those who contradict. (Titus 1:9 NKJV)
- as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.” (1 Peter 1:14-16 NKJV)
I was reminded this week that only because of Jesus and His finished work on the cross, I am:
- loved (Eph 1:4; 1 Jn 3:1; 1 Jn 4:19)
- chosen (Eph 1:4)
- saved and being saved (Phil 1:5-6)
- holy and being made holy (Eph 1:4; Heb 10:10, 14)
- being made more and more into the likeness of Jesus-obtaining His glory. (Ro 8:29, 2 Co 3:18, 2 Thess 2:13)
- called to glorify God (Ps 115:1)
Amidst all of what I have shared with you, I was reminded that I am a daughter-a child of God! In Christ I am adopted into God’s family and it gave Him great pleasure to do this! WOW! Think about that!
- But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: (Jn 1:12 NKJV)
- Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, ” The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together. (Ro 8:12-17 NKJV)
- having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, (Eph 1:5 NKJV)
This truth will help me stay focused on the One who is more than enough, all in all. The One who saved me, delivered me and healed me. The One whom I have chosen to love, serve and follow. The One who says, “I have called you by name, you are Mine”-JESUS!
This truth is what will help me to stand fast, persevere in faith, press on and continue to demonstrate my saving faith, being a doer of the Word not a hearer only. (Ja 2:14-26; Ja 1:21-25)
- I have called you by your name; You are mine (Isa 43:1b)
- Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word or our epistle. (2 Thess 2:15 NKJV)
- Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, and havinga High Priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful(Heb 10:19-23 NKJV)
- I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. (Phil 3:14 NKJV)
I pray that you were blessed and encouraged in reading this blog. I leave you with Colossians 1:21-23 which, I pray, will cause you to praise God and to pray!
This includes you who were once far away from God. You were His enemies, separated from Him by your evil thoughts and actions. Yet now He has reconciled you to Himself through the death of Christ in His physical body. As a result, He has brought you into His own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before Him without a single fault. But you must continue to believe this truth and stand firmly in it. Don’t drift away from the assurance you received when you heard the Good News. The Good News has been preached all over the world, and I, Paul, have been appointed as God’s servant to proclaim it.
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” (Rev 2:7 NKJV)